INTERVIEW: BUSY LIVING
We caught up with local favorites BUSY LIVING to talk shop, tunes, and TURKEY.
1. We really dig your “It’s a War Out There” EP…you guys working on anything new? Big plans for 2014?
Well, firstly, very happy you dig the first EP. That means you will certainly dig our second one that we just tracked over the summer. We’re still figuring out how or when we would like to release it, but its finished and ready to go. 2014 will be a lot about putting that thing out and just spreading the busy gospel as best we can.
2. You guys are LA boys…how would you say our fine city has influenced your music?
The fine city and suburbs of Los Angeles are a constant inspiration for this crew. I feel like the different landscapes combined with our amazing (and not so amazing) residents creates a great deal of material to look upon. And obviously, the women.
3. Many people have compared you guys to The Boss, Mr. Springsteen himself. How do you feel about that?
Is that what they’re saying? We will certainly receive that news with blue jeans and open arms. We love Bruce.
4. Your cover art seems to overwhelmingly deal with animals photoshopped on people. We really dig. Care to comment?
Its funny that you mention that because we are all true animals. This week we are turkeys. Who knows what we’ll be next week? We will continue being animals unashamedly.
5. As it’s T-week we must ask, even though we know it’s impossible to choose…favorite Thanksgiving food?
For many people, this may be a hard question. For me, its a simple matter of STUFFING.
The Busy Living boys will be playing The Lyric Theatre in Hollywood THIS FRIDAY 11/29 alongside Maxim Ludwig, FIM, and DJ Austin Peters.
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS AND TICKETS TO THE SHOW FRIDAY!